Desserts / Recipes / Vegan / Vegetarian
Very Berry Paleo Vegan Ice Cream
- ⅓ cup coconut cream or ½ cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup water (or ½ cup water if using coconut milk)
- 100g banana, frozen
- 40g blueberries, frozen
- 20g raspberries, frozen
- 90g strawberries, frozen
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A high speed blender like a Vitamix OR a decent food processor
- Add your coconut cream (or milk) to your blender, add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid. Add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Blend on medium speed using plunger if needed (or scrap the sides down if your blender doesn't use a plunger). If using a food processor, pulse several times, scraping down the sides as needed. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately or you can stick this in the freeze for 30 minutes to firm up more if desired.
I use Aroy-D brand coconut cream
, if your brand is more solid, you might need to water it down more.
Don't want ice cream? That's okay, use fresh fruit or let the frozen fruit thaw and you'll have yourself an amazing tasting smoothie! Yummy!
Not sweet enough? Add a bit of stevia to sweeten it up.
Serving size: 1 recipe Calories: 300 Fat: 15 Saturated fat: 10 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 41 Sugar: 23 Sodium: 22 Fiber: 7 Protein: 3 Cholesterol: 0
NOTE: This is an old recipe and I’m leaving it here for anyone that wants it. I however do not endorse the eating of milk, meat, or eggs.
These bran muffins are super moist, delicious, and easy to make. Did I mention this is a healthy breakfast idea? Serve a muffin for breakfast with a glass of juice and a piece of fruit.
1 1/2 cup bran
1 cup approx. flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon REAL vanilla extract
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup regular sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 whole eggs
Optional Mix Ins:
1/2 cup of nuts, or dried fruits like cherries, strawberries, blueberries, or the traditional raisins
1/2 tablespoon coconut chips
1 tsp raw sugar
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, mix your bran, milk, salt, eggs, sugar, baking powder, oil, and vanilla. Mix well, there should be no lumps. After you mix well, add in 1/2 cup flour and mix until incorporated. Add the rest of the flour little at a time until the mixture if very thick and gloopy. Â This is a basic bran muffin recipe, if you want you can stop right here or you can add in fruit or nuts. Add in 1/2 cup of your choice of mix-ins. Mix until combined.
Spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with muffin paper. Divide the batter evenly between twelve muffin tins. For that little extra something add coconut chips and/or raw sugar.
Bake at 375 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes Cook time: 18-25 minutes Serves: 12 muffins (servings)
Allergies: Egg, Milk, Wheat
Nutrition: 1 muffin (12 servings)
156 kcal , 4g protein, 23g carbs, 6g fat
166mg sodium (11%) , 31mg cholesterol (10%), nearly no saturated fat, and transfat free