Okay guys you’re going to think I’m nutty, but this is so simple It only took me a minute to explain it in video! Do you often find yourself buying fresh ginger for an extra kick to a stir fry or maybe you tried that old fashion recipe for ginger snaps and then just had extra? Here is a great tip to save you money on ginger! Peel a large piece of ginger and put it in a zip lock bag. Then when you’re ready to make stir fry or cookies, use a fine grater to shave some off. The texture is often nicer AND you won’t waste money on molded or dried out ginger again. It works great I promise!
If you have any tips for a tip Tuesday please leave me a comment or send me an email. Thanks!
If you would like to get your own snack box for free, all you pay is $2 shipping. Click HERE or go to: http://lovewithfood.com/invite?m=r&ref=213t . Full disclosure: If you do use my link I will get 500 points for merchandise in the future. This is no gimmick, if you don’t like the box just cancel your subscription. It’s super easy. =)
I was SOO looking forward to my love with food box. I didn’t peek this time so my honest reactions are seen in the video. Some things I’m really excited about and some things not so much. For the most part the items are healthy, but the Mac n’ Cheese chips have yeast extract in them, which is msg basically, I will survive though! Here is a list of all I received in the deluxe 2015 box:
2 packets Dark Chocolate Cacao Nibs by BRITT
2 Chocolate Dipping coconut Mini bars by LUNA
1 packet Energy Kettle Cooked Apples by Big Slice
2 packets Somersaults by Somersault Snack Company
1 package Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bliss Ginnyminnis by GinnyBakes
1 packet My Super Cookies, blueberry flavor. By Super Foods Co
2 tea bags – Breakfast in Paris Black Tea by Stash
2 packages Cassava Pops by Wai Lana
2 Velvet Truffles by Alter Eco
1 Black Truffle by Alter Eco
1 packet Crunchy Mac N’ Cheese by Eatrageous
2 packages of In-shell Almonds by Bobalu (not onions haha!)
19 items!! AWESOME!
Also got several coupons AND a gift card to hellofresh.com and a gift card to urban remedy!
ps.. I ate 1 of the velvet truffles while editing all of this, OMG! sinful!
I also just noticed that all but two of the choices (cacao nibs and super cookies) were actually gluten free. Love with food does offer a gluten free box but it costs more. This box was worth the money I think.
One thing I want to note, I left this recipe up because some people genuinely enjoy it, BUT this recipe is VERY high in salt. Please try out one of my other pancake recipes if you cannot eat a lot of salt. Personally I don’t use this recipe anymore because the pancakes would come out kinda salty.
No Oil Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat All Purpose flour (see variation note)
- 2 cups warm water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rice flour (or extra wheat flour for thickening)
- Get your pan preheating over medium heat. You will want a good nonstick pan for this since there is no extra oils added, if you don't have that then get your best nonstick and a SMALL amount of oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add your flours (minus rice flour), baking powder, pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Stir well to combine. In a smaller bowl (or mason jar) add your water, vinegar, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk. You do not want any clumps of flour mixture remaining. If your batter seems loose add 1 tablespoon of rice flour, or wheat flour, and set aside for 5-10 minutes. You don't have to let the batter set but as I was making these I noticed the 3 and 4th pancake turned out better than the beginning.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to your pan at a time and cook for about 2 minutes. You know it's time to flip when the pancakes are all bubbly onto and the edges are cooked. Cook for 1-2 minutes on the second side and serve warm. These will last in the fridge for about 3-5 days if tightly wrapped but I doubt they will last that long!
VARIATIONS (as seen in photo) : the variation I made was I used ¾ cup whole wheat all-purpose flour, ¼ cup kaput flour, and 1 cup whole wheat flour. This is not required as Kamut is a variation of wheat but it has great flavor and nutrition. If you can find it make sure to store it in the freezer with your whole wheat flour for best nutrition retention. Any other gluten containing flour could be used instead of kamut, Rye for instances would be a great addition.
Serving size: 1 pancake Calories: 170 Fat: 1 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 39 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 1948 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6 Cholesterol: 0