Gluten Free Paleo Brownies
I got this craving for a brownie so I went to the kitchen and threw stuff together and it worked! That is literally how this came to be.
Serves: 6 pieces
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Tapioca Starch
- ¼ cup Toasted Carob Powder (or ¼ cup cocoa powder)
- ½ tsp, Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder Aluminum Free & Double Acting
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350f (175c).
- In a large bowl mix together your eggs and honey until well combined. Then add your apple cider vinegar, vanilla, coconut milk, and coconut oil. Don't worry if your coconut oil forms little solid pieces, this is actually what you want because when the brownie bakes it makes these yummy little pockets. Make sure you whisk this together very well, you don't want the oil chunks very large.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of your ingredients together well. You don't want any lumps.
- Grease your baking container well; I used a glass loaf pan. Don't use a large pan if you want these to be taller. Once your oven is well preheated, mix your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and whisk til there are no lumps. Scrape your batter into your container and even it out.
- Bake in the middle of your oven for 25-35 minutes (see notes). I like my brownies well done so I went the full 35 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle will come out clean. Let cool in the pan for at east 10 minutes. Serve warm, and try some butter on top, it tastes amazing!
If you want more fudgy/gooey brownies only bake it about 80% done, about 25 minutes. A toothpick will come out almost clean and might be a little jiggly in the middle. Let cool at least 20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 225 Fat: 11 Saturated fat: 8 Unsaturated fat: 1 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 27 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 217 Fiber: 5 Protein: 6 Cholesterol: 106